I'll start with an apology for the following to all that have a sophisticated pallet for literature and poetry. (Scott, if you're reading this) It had to be done, for the trees' sake!
Farewell Trees
I'll miss your shelter from the hot summer sun,
but we needed more space for the boys to run.
We know you've been here for many more years,
but this year Jake stepped on your pine cone, and it
brought him to tears.
Farewell Trees
You've been a dependable home for those birds all year long,
but I hate to say I'll be glad to see those crows gone.
Strong and bold, through wind storms many times,
but they say your trunks are diseased and you're leaning
toward our power lines.
Farewell Trees
This is "old pine country" so I've been told,
but picking up after you is getting really old.
All that's left of you is a pile of dust,
farewell to you trees, if I must!

Before......four trees all in a row

After.......Just one left standing
2 comments:
Nice tribute, did you get rid of the fence too?
This week has been crazy, have you guys been to the pumpkin patch yet? We thought about going next Sat. 25. What do you think?
yep! getting a new chain link, finally! Just on the one side before winter...hopefully the rest in Spring.
We went to Carver's Farm this morning for a field trip. I'll ask Lary about Sat. 25th That would be fun!
Post a Comment