
The extremely Tired Parents.jpg)
The Rule:
Stay seated in the car with your seat belt on
Domino Effect:
Adventurous Rule Breaker: decides there is something he wants to do outside of his car restraint
Rule Keeper: notices violation of the rule
Adventurous Rule Breaker: only able to remove himself partially from his seat and unable to complete desired mission
Rule Keeper: informs rule breaker and extremely tired parents that there has been a violation of a rule. He does so in a high pitched whine.
Adventurous Rule Breaker: begins to feel frustrated at the inability to satisfy his curiosity, and the constant derailment by the rule keeper. Expresses frustration with a high pitched scream.
Sensitive Baby: begins to wake and notices several unhappy passengers. Responds with a high pitched cry.
Extremely Tired Parents: Dad is unable to focus on driving and asks mom if something can be done or if the car must be stopped for the fourth time in the last 45 minutes. Mom is overwhelmed and tears well up behind her sunglasses. Why did we take another road trip, mom asks herself? We have arrived at the 'Trefry Family Melt Down'
Dad stops the car and helps the rule breaker back into his seat. Mom holds the sensitive baby who is now smiling and cooing at mom. Rule keeper has to go to the bathroom.
Outcome:
Everyone is calmed down, and we happily cruise back onto the freeway. With another 10 minutes tacked onto the arrival time, there is another domino effect waiting in the silence.
"I have to go pee!" yells the adventurous one as he attempts to get out of his seat belt.
5 comments:
That picture of Larry is hilarious! What a trip!!
Don't you just wish the kids could just sit still and be quiet like car trips used to be before they were all around! :)
I love your stories! You are so creative in the way you tell them...I can just picture it all! That might be because I have a couple of the same characters in my family as well!
I like how the rule keeper is already wearing what looks to be a crossing guard vest.
I like how the rule keeper is wearing what looks like a crossing guard vest already.
Post a Comment