
It seems I have a new constant companion that is definitely a third wheel and even more annoying than it sounds...Lupus.
As much as I've attempted to keep the I in me, it seems my new constant companion is very high maintenance and refuses to accommodate my very busy schedule or give me any alone time! I definitely need space from this visitor that has really started to smell like fish WAY past three days!
Just who is this new companion? I'm just getting acquainted myself as I was just recently diagnosed with Lupus after feeling not quite right since April.
Lupus is an autoimmune disorder.
According to the Mayo Clinic, Lupus is defined as a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems, including your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart and lungs. Autoimmune means your immune system cannot tell the difference between these foreign invaders and your body’s healthy tissues and creates autoantibodies that attack and destroy healthy tissue.
Tricky little companion, turning me against myself!
No wonder it flew under the radar for so long!
It seems for the past 7 months...maybe longer, I've been attacking myself for no good reason. This attack is very different in each person, but for me it visits in the form of extreme fatigue, headaches, aching joints, skin rashes, sensitivity to light, hair loss, weight loss, painful mouth and nose ulcers, weakness, loss of energy, infections, inflammation of cartilage and lungs, leukopenia (low white blood cell count and platelet count), and the presence of the autoantibodies that turn me against myself.
YUCK! BLAH! UGH!
Well, I've decided it will only get away with this for so long, and I refuse to turn on myself any longer! Me and myself have decided to start directing our attention back to the root of the problem...the pesky third wheel.
Even though I'm told this disease will never go away, I can put it into remission. With the help of a highly resisted pill box, I'm starting to feel much better and hope to remain that way!
Now...back to blogging, working, creating, playing with my kids, and enjoying my very busy schedule, family, and alone time!
4 comments:
Oh Heather! I'm so sorry you've been feeling so crummy! But really glad you got it identified at least! We're thinking about you!
Heather -
I am so sorry that it took so long to find out what was causing you so much yuckiness. I hope that you continue to feel much much better.
Know that all your friends are here to support you in anyway that you need.
I also hear that there is a really cool Cousin named Jill that knows a thing or two about boys, so you can always call on her to give you some peace I am sure!! LIke how i just volunteered her? :) Hang in there darling!
I am so proud of you for keeping such an amazing attitude! I don't know how you do it! Fairy dust? If you are up for some boy play at my house (do yours doesn't get trahed) please give me a call. Jack and Coops would love it and I would love to visit, you can relax and have coffee or hot chocolate. Pick your poison.
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell. I have another friend Christine whose had that disease for as long as she can remember. I didn't realize it was so horrible. I am so glad to hear that the medication seems to be helping. Hope it continues improving.
Post a Comment