Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

The definition of mom does not include fun.

Usually this title goes directly to Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents, and sometimes Dad. So, I decided April Fools Day was a good opportunity to actually be fun for a change. Larry Sr and I stayed up long after the boys went to bed last night to prepare the boys' 'lunch'

I just loved this idea I found online and love even more that the boys are getting old enough to enjoy these kind of surprises for the first time! The fish sticks are wafer cookies covered in peanut butter and then coated in crushed corn flakes. The peas are pieces of green Air Head taffy rolled into balls, and the carrots are cubed orange Starbursts. The sauce...strawberry jelly.



Of course, the reveal had to be video taped! Fun memories for later and documented proof that a mom, especially this one, can be fun sometimes :)


Now to explain to those blank stares what 'April Fools!" means

3 comments:

SycamoreShades said...

So funny!! Puts me in mind of your after-school snack experience with the candy peas & carrots - lol!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alveybunch said...

Very clever! I switched all my kids clothes around in their drawers and set an alarm clock for 3am under my bed for Zack. It was classic!