Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Girl Cave


Ever since it was announced and confirmed May 13, 2008, "it's a boy!"
....for the third time,
I began dreaming of it, my girl cave.

I would have dreamed it up regardless, but the announcement made it so and gave me the defense I needed to ensure a dedication of one room in the house to strictly feminine activities.
In other words, No Boys Allowed!

With a combination of the ever growing Creatively KEPT and the boys now sharing a room, it was a reasonable request and I finally have it, my very own craft studio!!

I've been planning it for years, dreaming up my idea and design of the perfect cave.
I imagined solitude, beautiful satin ribbon lining the room wall to wall, flower embellishments, my own dorky music, a computer all to myself, pink notebooks, pretty containers, a closet filled with beautiful silks and fabrics, a really impractical but feminine chair, and very girly fabrics draped all over.
....and just like any other good idea,
(the brownie I tried to sneak in the kitchen during nap time, the pop I hid in the water glass at lunch, the gum I bought myself at the store the other day, listening to music on the ipod, playing on the computer, soaking in a hot bath, quietly reading a book, a hot cup of coffee, watching Oprah by myself in the back bedroom, and just sitting to take a breath)

It was discovered much too quickly


I guess it's all kind of boring after a while without them anyway!

2 comments:

A-me said...

oh myyyyyyy! Umm seriously. How stinkin rad is that girl cave??!! YAY! Soooo incredibly happy for you and completely jealous! ;)

Let's Hear It For the Boys! said...

I just had to wipe the drool from my face about your girl cave! seriously coolest thing I have seen in a long time... gives a girl hope.