Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Twister


At the dinner table last night, Jr made me aware that I must not turn the TV off fast enough after cartoons have ended.
Conversation as Follows:
Jr: have you ever seen a twister?
Mom: no, what is a twister?
Jr: It makes you not fat anymore....you know, it does this and then makes it like this (several hand motions begin, demonstrating wide to narrow)
Mom: what is it? (still confused as to what he's referring to....I think I know...but how would he learn about this?)
Jr:You know...they have it on TV...didn't you used to have one of those mom....because you were fat...bremember.....and now you're not (said with the most innocent big brown 4 year old eyes)
Mom: speechless
Dad:chuckles
Jr: You're fat Dad....do you need one?
Mom: chuckles
Jr:Takes full advantage of the undivided attention he is now receiving and opts to do a demonstration of the 'Twister'
Walking over to the chair, he places his knees on the chair and begins to twist it back and forth...."see, that's the Twister!"

I'm beginning to realize this is definitely a reenactment of an infomercial...........

Follow up: we're definitely going to have a discussion before preschool on Friday!

4 comments:

SycamoreShades said...

What a relief I wasn't invited for dinner that night - lol! Grandma

A-me said...

lol... hilarious!

Andrea said...

That is awesome, aren't they so cute at this age?

Danielle and David said...

That is funny! Maybe even funnier is the fact that he thought Larry needed it and not you. That had to of made you happy! :)