I've realized that my newly acquired Internet access has become more than a simple solution to bed rest boredom.......I'm addicted. It began with shopping for baby items on Craigslist and eBay, then led to simple research of pregnancy symptoms, which led to chat rooms and forums of pregnant women sharing the same miserable experience of bed rest, which led to MySpace, which led to Facebook, which brought me here to posting on this blog. I swore I would never, ever have any kind of profile on the Internet, now I have backgrounds, pictures, music and it seems when I'm done posting my profile on one site, I find somewhere else to begin the process again...............
I'm addicted.
I first recognized the signs when one day I became sucked into the Internet time warp only to escape, who knows how long after, to realize Jr. and Jake had turned the living room into a circus sized "pile." Pile is the name of a game in which every soft sort of cushion item in the house is collected and placed onto the living room floor into which they run and dive. They had also emptied their bags of cereal on the floor in the playroom and overturned every toy bin I had organized in an effort to keep the playroom picked up.
I'm addicted.
I first recognized the signs when one day I became sucked into the Internet time warp only to escape, who knows how long after, to realize Jr. and Jake had turned the living room into a circus sized "pile." Pile is the name of a game in which every soft sort of cushion item in the house is collected and placed onto the living room floor into which they run and dive. They had also emptied their bags of cereal on the floor in the playroom and overturned every toy bin I had organized in an effort to keep the playroom picked up.
As a stay at home mom, the Internet has become my daily connection to the outside world. I can freely chat with other moms, catch up with old friends, and shop from home. I can do this with screaming, nagging, and a wild game of "pile" going on in the background. So, I may have to help the boys clean up a huge mess when I'm done, but it's worth the price I pay for feeding my new addiction!


2 comments:
You are in deep, girl. But it's fun for me to get to keep up with your family circus:) Looks like big Larry was having fun in the pile too! Have a good day!
Yay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'm so excited to check back often. You hit it right on the head - it's SO worth the mess you have to clean up later. xoxo
Post a Comment